- Buying a second home (keys retreat) ahead of time, can help you ease into retirement.
- Location, view and other amenities will determine if it is a wise investment or financial bust. Don’t rush your decision. I can help you with this.
- Your main motivating factor should be to relax. Renting your home can be profitable, but consider the constant cleaning and other factors. For top dollar, you would rent your home at a time you would most probably want to go.
- Rule of thumb – your keys retreat should be less than 2 hours from your primary residence. It will be frequented more often than something further away.
- Know the costs. Make sure you can afford the new place. Calculate mortgage payment, real estate taxes, property insurance, utility bills, maintenance and possible repairs.
- Find a lender who is familiar with the Florida Keys. I can help recommend several lenders.
- Your keys retreat can function as a weekly mini vacation from the hustle and bustle of your every-day lives. Enjoy it weekly until you retire. When the time is right, you can make it your primary home.
If you have ever considered buying a “keys retreat”, please contact me at 305 496-3489 or email@example.com